Importance of Training in a Clean Hall!

Posted on December 14th, 2013 at 9:14 pm by

2


Sport halls should be equipped with all the necessary tools and installations.  They also need to be clean and neat so that they don’t impose health risks on people.  Dampness can cause mildew and mold in a building.  The latter can lead to a number of illnesses like asthma and respiratory diseases.

Keeping halls clean prevents dust from accumulating on the surfaces in the first place.  People suffering from respiratory problems need to restrict themselves to clean places to avoid exacerbating their condition.  There is not much to talk about the importance of clean halls; everybody is aware how crucial a clean environment is.

 photo hall_zpsc41f01c6.jpg

On the whole, providing a clean environment for training may prevent injuries.  If the floor is dirty or wet, this will encourage falls.  The air in the premises should be fresh and clean so that training is healthy and pleasant.  Now that we’ve mentioned the air, we want to direct your attention to the various problems that may occur if the air is not clean.  In a way, it has to do with humidity levels in the premises.

Take a look at the following points.  This will help you realize why it is so important to keep halls clean.

Mold

There are people who are sensitive to mold.  Exposure to damp environments for them can lead to throat irritation, nasal stiffness, eye irritation, wheezing, coughing and in some cases skin irritation.

As far as people with mold allergies are concerned, exposure to mold can have severe reactions especially for people suffering from lung problems such as obstructive lung disease.  Logically, people with such problems are strongly recommended to avoid damp places as this can be dangerous for them.  For example, it may lead to lung infections when they breathe in mold.

Mold can be found anywhere, both indoors and outdoors.  It grows in places with higher levels of moisture.  It can enter buildings through open doors and windows and even air conditioning systems.

In order to control the mold in buildings, in this case halls, you need to keep the place clean and control the levels of humidity in the hall by always cleaning and drying any wet areas.  As far as humidity levels are concerned, you need to keep them as low as possible, preferably below 50%.

Illnesses Mold Can Cause

Fungal infection

Immunocompromised people who expose themselves to high levels of mold may become infected.  This includes people with chronic exposure as well.

Other problems that fungal infection may result in are sinuses, skin infection, lung infection and digestive tract infection.

Mycotoxin toxicity

Molds excrete mycotoxins.  These are toxic compounds produced by fungi.  The latter form under certain environmental conditions.  Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can result in neurological problems and possibly death.  Luckily, such a thing doesn’t occur in normal exposure cases, but it is harmful.

Mold-induced hypersensitivity

Inhaled mold spores can cause the most common form of hypersensitivity, which can lead to allergic rhinitis or allergic asthma.  The effects that people may experience are asthma attacks, runny nose (rhinorrhea), coughing and watery eyes.  Hypersensitivity can also occur due to a fungal infection.

Keeping a hall clean and neat can help reduce mold and mildew related health problems as well as prevent injuries.  Keep this in mind the next time you go to the sport hall to train.

About the Author

Brandon knows a lot about training because he has been training actively for the past several years.  His full time job at http://www.fasthomecleaning.co.uk/london-end-of-tenancy-cleaning.html takes a lot of his energy but he is always ready for the gym.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Linkedin Digg Delicious Reddit Stumbleupon Tumblr Posterous Email