New research seems to indicate that consuming blueberries can increase the rate of recovery of muscle tissue after exercise. The research is in it’s beginning stages but it is assumed that the anthocyanin (pigment) present in blueberries is responsible for this
benefit. Whatever it is though we will certainly keep abreast of any new developments in this regard to share with you.
Read more about the research by clicking here.
In celebration of this information here is a simple but delicious blueberry smoothie recipe you can try. It is as follows:
BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE MUSCLE BUILDING RECIPE
1. Add about one (1) cup of cows milk to your smoothie maker. If you are lactose intolerant you can use soy milk instead.
2. Add two scoops of whey protein.
3. One (1) cup frozen blueberries.
4. Add half (1/2) cup of ice.
5. Blend ingredients until smooth.
There you have it, a simple and delicious blueberry smoothie.
Having this smoothie will guarantee maximum recovery of your exhausted muscles post exercise.